Click to Home
Go To Search
Coventry Connected
The Town of Coventry has adopted an ordinance (#229) which requires the owner or agent to go through a special process prior to obtaining a permit from the Office of the Building Official to demolish a building or structure that is 500 square feet in size or larger and built more than 100 years ago.

  • Building / Zoning Permit Application 
  • Notification letters from utility companies 
  • Copy of the Contractor’s Connecticut Demolition License and insurance 
  • Permit fee, made payable to the Town of Coventry (the fee is based on the assessment value of the structure on the current assessor’s property card)

Notification Letters
All utility companies must supply a letter stating that the services have been terminated or that service is not being provided to that location. 
  • CL&P 
  • Frontier Communications
  • Charter Communications 
  • Town of Coventry Sewer, if applicable 
  • Connecticut Water Company, if applicable 
  • Approval letter from the Historical Society, if the structure is greater than 500 square feet and over 100 years old