Conservation & Development
2020 Updated Plan of Conservation & Development
Adopted June 22, 2020 and effective July 1, 2020, the Plan of Conservation and Development is the ten-year update, as required. Due to the large size of the document, we have provided links to the document and attachments broken up into sections below.
- POCD Maps
- POCD Appendix 1 - Citizens Survey - June 2019
- POCD Appendix 2 - Open Space Plan
- Open Space Plan Tool Box Resources
- POCD Appendix 3 - Community Resilience Building/Hazard Mitigation Plan - September 2019
- POCD Appendix 4 - Housing Needs Assessment - 2018
Build Out Analysis
As part of the 2010 update to the town’s Plan of Conservation and Development, the Planning and Zoning Commission conducted a Build Out Analysis to determine what the future of the community would look like under current zoning. This study conducted by the Green Valley institute is available for download.
Citizens Survey Results
The Planning and Zoning Commission contracted with the National Civic Survey to conduct a community survey (PDF) to assist in preparing an update to the Plan of Conservation and Development.
Open Space Plan
Adopted by the Planning and Zoning Commission as part of the Plan of Conservation and Development process the Open Space Plan (PDF) is available for download.
Previous Version - Plan of Conservation & Development
Dated April 2010, the Plan of Conservation and Development is the best thinking of the town as to its future physical growth as of that time. This plan is scheduled to be updated every 10 years. The map attachments are linked individually below.
- Zoning Map as of April 2010 (PDF)
- Land Use Classification Map (PDF)
- Existing Open Space (PDF)
- Historic and Scenic Resource Map (PDF)
- Water Resources Map (PDF)
- Forest Resource Map (PDF)
- Preservation Focus Areas (PDF)
- Agricultural Resources Map (PDF)
- Transportation Resources Map (PDF)
- Special Planning Areas Map (PDF)
- Future Land Use Map (PDF)