The category decks include:
- New construction of a deck or removal and replacement of a deck
- Whether the deck is to be attached to the dwelling or freestanding, certain zoning regulations apply. The regulations differ as to zoning districts; the Zoning Enforcement Officer can answer your questions pertaining to these regulations (742-4062). There are also specific Public Health Code Regulations that must be complied with. The Sanitarian can answer your questions pertaining to these regulations (742-4064). If the deck is to be attached to a swimming pool, please speak with a building official regarding the requirements.
- Building / Zoning Permit Application (PDF)
- Eastern Highlands Health District Application (B-100)
- Two copies of construction plans
- Two copies of a plot plan or survey
- Copy of Current Assessor’s Property Card
- Copy of the Certificate of Insurance showing Worker’s Compensation coverage or Worker's Compensation Waiver Form and a copy of the contractor’s HIC license (if homeowner is doing the work, no insurance / waiver or license are required).
The following information is required upon submittal of applications: a construction plan which shows the framing detail, pier location and depth, railing height, spacing between balusters and rise and run of the stair, a plot plan or survey showing the location of the property lines, location of proposed deck drawn to scale, and location of septic system and well.