The facility is not intended for commercial uses although small repair / remodeling contractors doing work for Coventry residents may be allowed limited use to dispose of materials incidental to their work within the limits of the Town of Coventry. Proof of residency and building permits, as applicable, will be checked as part of normal facility operations to insure the facility waste stream remains residential in nature.
Fee Schedule: first 250 pounds is a $10 minimum. after that it's $0.30 / 5 pounds. That equates to roughly $115 per ton.
The Transfer station accepts cash, checks and now also accepts credit cards.
Materials acceptable with cost:
- Construction and demolition debris. Free of cardboard, metal, and garbage
- Land clearing debris; stumps and brush
- Appliances with refrigerant $10 each, no weigh-in necessary
- Tires, automobile size, on or off rim $5 each
Materials acceptable no cost:
- Appliances and scrap metal materials (metal tanks must be cut open and crushed)
- Electronics, including televisions, fluorescent lamps (bulbs)
- Textiles (clean, dry clothing & linens - must be in bags)
- Mattress / boxspring (mangled or wet $10 fee)
- Single stream recycling (bottles, cans, paper, cardboard, etc.)
- Gas grill propane tanks for recycling
- Leaves for composting
Materials not accepted:
- Garbage or bulk items picked up curbside
- Grass clippings
- Hazardous waste