- Public Works
- Hazardous Waste Drop Off Facility
HAZARDOUS Waste Drop Off Facility reopens
Household Chemical Waste Drop Off Facility
Over a dozen towns, including Coventry, share this regional facility located at 57 Hancock Road in Willington. The facility will open on Saturday, April 15, 2023 for the 2023 season. It wlll be open on the third Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. through October 21.
MIDNEROC HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE OPENING PLAN
The MidNEROC HHW facility is planning to open April 15 from 9-2. Please follow these drop off guidelines:
1. Stay in the car with the windows up. Hold your license up to the window. (The license must reflect a member town.)
2. All waste MUST be in the trunk or rear compartment of the vehicle (NONE in passenger area). Your trunk, hatch or tailgate should be unlocked or open.
3. All materials should be in their original containers or clearly marked.
NO! (the items below should be brought to the Coventry Transfer Station on Olsen Farm Road)
Oil or Antifreeze
Aerosol paint or empty aerosol containers (pesticide only)
SCHEDULE FOR 2023 MIDNEROC HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SEASON
9am-2pm on the following dates:
MidNEROC management will be available on open Saturdays from 8am-2pm at 860-965-1910 to answer any questions.
This regional facility will receive one gallon or less of each liquid material and 100 pounds of dry material. Coventry residents’ use of the facility is paid through COVRRA revenues and requires no additional fees. Proof of residency is required. Commercial users must call ahead, 860-289-2296, for appointment and fee schedule.
Typical material accepted at this facility includes:
- Mercury thermometers and thermostats
- Floor, oven, and drain cleaners
- Aerosol cans with hazardous contents
- Contaminated or stale gasoline
- Wood strippers, solvents, paint thinner and wood preservatives
Ballasts from fluorescent light fixtures that have written on them "Contains no PCB" are safe to throw in the trash. If there is nothing written or you are not sure if the ballast contains the hazardous material PCB, then you should bring them to this facility.
For more information call Coventry Public Works (860) 742-6588 or submit an email.