Town Parks, Trail Maps & Brochures
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
Town Parks, basketball courts and playscapes are all OPEN. We also ask that anyone visiting a Town Park abide by the following guidelines issued by the State of CT & CDC:
- Maintain CDC recommendations for social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet distance from others;
- Wear masks or cloth face coverings when close contact is unavoidable;
- If you’re not feeling well or are exhibiting any symptoms, please stay home;
- Visit Town Parks & outdoor areas with only those you live with and limit gatherings to 5 people or less;
- Be sure to practice CDC-recommended hand hygiene before & after visiting, and avoid touching surfaces that are touched often;
- Cover your cough/sneeze while visiting;
- Be advised that bathroom facilities are not currently available;
- If you arrive at a Town Park and crowds are forming, please come back another day/time.
We appreciate your understanding as we take these steps to ensure our community’s health & wellness.
Please stay tuned to this webpage or our Facebook page, for updates as we continue to monitor this ever-changing situation, and make adjustments as needed. Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we work through this as a community. Stay safe & be well!
List of Town Parks, Amenities & Directions
Patriots Park: 124 Lake Street - Waterfront, Lodge (rental facility), playscape, pickleball & basketball courts, pavilion, picnic tables and open fields. Home to Camp Wangumbaug & Recreation Daze. Before & After School Program, Coventry Senior Center and UCONN Crew teams, E.O. Smith Crew and Coventry Lake Community Rowing LLC. Directions to Patriots Park (click here)
Lisicke Beach (Resident Parking Only): Corner of Main Street & Cheney Lane - Waterfront, basketball courts, playscape & pavilion. Directions to Lisicke Beach (click here)
Creaser Park: Case Road - Dog Friendly*, pavilion & various walking trails. Home to the Coventry Community Garden. Directions to Creaser Park (click here)
Laidlaw Park: Merrow Road - Dog Friendly*, Soccer Fields, playscape, baseball field, walking trails. Directions to Laidlaw Park (click here)
Miller Richardson Field: Corner of Main Street & South Street Ext. - Dog Friendly*, Baseball & Football fields. Directions to Miller Richardson Field (click here)
Mill Pond Park: Depot Road near the intersection with Old Eagleville Road - Enjoy scenic views of the pond, waterfall and the ruins of Rawitzer Mill. A great spot for sitting & relaxing, enjoying a picnic, fishing and even kayaking! Directions to Mill Pond Park (click here)
*Dog Walking at Town Parks: All dogs MUST be leashed at all times; please clean up after your dogs; no dogs permitted on athletic fields and adjoining spectator areas.
Park Rules & Regulations:
- Parks are open from sunrise to sunset;
- No camping or overnight parking;
- Park only in designated areas, please keep off grass;
- No alcohol, glass containers, open fires, fireworks or firearms;
- Do not feed the wildlife;
- No riding of horses, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades or motorized vehicles;
- No littering. Take out what you bring in;
- Clean up after your pets;
- No pets on athletic fields and adjoining spectator areas;
- No fishing, hunting or trapping.