Town Parks, Trail Maps & Brochures
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
Town Parks, basketball courts and playscapes are all OPEN. We also ask that anyone visiting a Town Park abide by the following guidelines issued by the State of CT & CDC:
- Maintain CDC recommendations for social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet distance from others;
- Wear masks or cloth face coverings when close contact is unavoidable;
- If you’re not feeling well or are exhibiting any symptoms, please stay home;
- Visit Town Parks & outdoor areas with only those you live with and limit gatherings to 5 people or less;
- Be sure to practice CDC-recommended hand hygiene before & after visiting, and avoid touching surfaces that are touched often;
- Cover your cough/sneeze while visiting;
- Be advised that bathroom facilities are not currently available;
- If you arrive at a Town Park and crowds are forming, please come back another day/time.
We appreciate your understanding as we take these steps to ensure our community’s health & wellness.
Please stay tuned to this webpage or our Facebook page, for updates as we continue to monitor this ever-changing situation, and make adjustments as needed. Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we work through this as a community. Stay safe & be well!
List of Town Parks, Amenities & Directions
Patriots Park: 124 Lake Street - Waterfront, Lodge (rental facility), playscape, pickleball & basketball courts, pavilion, picnic tables and open fields. Home to Camp Wangumbaug & Recreation Daze. Before & After School Program, Coventry Senior Center and UCONN Crew teams, E.O. Smith Crew and Coventry Lake Community Rowing LLC. Directions to Patriots Park (click here)
Lisicke Beach (Resident Parking Only): Corner of Main Street & Cheney Lane - Waterfront, basketball courts, playscape & pavilion. Directions to Lisicke Beach (click here)
Creaser Park: Case Road - Dog Friendly*, pavilion & various walking trails. Home to the Coventry Community Garden. Directions to Creaser Park (click here)
Laidlaw Park: Merrow Road - Dog Friendly*, Soccer Fields, playscape, baseball field, walking trails. Directions to Laidlaw Park (click here)
Miller Richardson Field: Corner of Main Street & South Street Ext. - Dog Friendly*, Baseball & Football fields. Directions to Miller Richardson Field (click here)
Mill Pond Park: Depot Road near the intersection with Old Eagleville Road - Enjoy scenic views of the pond, waterfall and the ruins of Rawitzer Mill. A great spot for sitting & relaxing, enjoying a picnic, fishing and even kayaking! Directions to Mill Pond Park (click here)
*Dog Walking at Town Parks: All dogs MUST be leashed at all times; please clean up after your dogs; no dogs permitted on athletic fields and adjoining spectator areas.
*Fishing Information: See below for applicable Town Ordinance re: Fishing at Town Parks. Head to https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Fishing/CT-Fishing for State Regulations & helpful tips & resources on fishing at various locations. Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the Coventry Town Clerk's Office. For more info, call 860-742-7966 or go to https://www.coventryct.org/230/Hunting-Fishing-Licenses
Skungamaug River Fishing Easement (PDF - From CT DEEP)
Sec. 70-66. - Fishing and boating restricted; exceptions.
No person shall use the shore or beach of any designated swimming area of any town park for the purpose of fishing, angling, floating or launching any boat, excluding toy boats, swimming aids and such lifeboats as may be required for the protection of life and property, into the waters of Lake Wangumbaug, or for the purpose of landing any boat thereon from the waters of such lake.
(Ord. No. 174, § 1, 9-16-91; Ord. No. 216, 3-3-03)
Park Rules & Regulations:
- Parks are open from sunrise to sunset;
- No camping or overnight parking;
- Park only in designated areas, please keep off grass;
- No alcohol, glass containers, open fires, fireworks or firearms;
- Do not feed the wildlife;
- No riding of horses, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades or motorized vehicles;
- No littering. Take out what you bring in;
- Clean up after your pets;
- No pets on athletic fields and adjoining spectator areas;
- No fishing, hunting or trapping.