2020 Coventry Beaches information
The Coventry Parks and Recreation Commission realizes that parks are important because safe recreation is crucial to maintaining good mental health at this time. We are taking appropriate action to help maintain and protect the health of our staff and our residents as this public health emergency continues.The Parks and Recreation Commission deliberated extensively to find solutions that keep the safety of our patrons and staff as our highest priority at all times. Using the DEEP as a resource, the Commission felt that it was important to follow the state’s lead regarding no swimming in inland waterfronts until Phase 2 of reopening.
Coventry Parks and Recreation (CRPR) staff have been closely following Governor Lamont’s COVID-19 plan regarding re-openings as the coronavirus continues to affect our local community. We are continuing to monitor and enforce the gathering sizes, physical distancing measures, and use of masks/face coverings required as determined by the State.
As of now, swimming lessons have been postponed until further notice. We will revisit the situation later in the summer to determine if we can run some programs on a shortened schedule at that time.
Lisicke Beach: Resident parking sticker required. Residents who need to purchase an annual Park Parking Pass can do so in person at the Patriots Park Gate & at the Rec. Office in Town Hall during regular hours of operation (Patriots Park Gate: 9am - 7pm, 7-Days-A-Week / Town Hall: M-W: 8:30am - 4:30pm; TH: 8:30am - 6:30pm; F: 8:30am - 1:30pm). They will not be available at Lisicke Beach due to traffic safety concerns. CLICK HERE for a printable Resident Beach Sticker Application (fill out in advance or mail in).
Patriots Park: Paid parking will be required for non-residents or those without a valid Resident Parking Pass at the regular rate of $15 per vehicle on weekdays & $30 per vehicle on weekends/holidays. Patrons should try to bring exact change.
The following is a detailed Beach Operations Schedule, in two Phases, beginning Saturday, May 23rd*. *Be Advised: All dates are considered "target dates" and remain subject to change.
Phase 1: "Pre-Season" Re-Opening:
Weekends ONLY: Sat., May 23rd – Sun., June 14th; Patriots Park: 9am – 7pm / Lisicke Beach: 10am – 7pm
Phase 2: Beach Opening w/Lifeguards on duty:
7 Days A Week Beginning Sat., June 20th – Mon, Sept. 7th - Patriots Park: 9am – 7pm Daily / Lisicke Beach: 10am – 7pm Daily
- Swimming is permitted. Maintain 6-ft distance in the water & no masks.
- Parking will be limited to 50% of capacity in order to enforce social distancing requirements. Overflow parking not allowed.
- Patrons must wear a mask when not able to maintain 6-ft social distancing.
- Passive recreation activities only.
- Gate Attendants will provide written guidance to social distancing to all patrons upon arrival.
- Playgrounds & Park Structures are now open for use.
- Port-a-johns are available. The cleaning schedule is posted. Please bring your own Hand Sanitizer.
- We expect full community cooperation and failure to abide by the rules set forth may result in early Park closings.