2020 Coventry Beaches Opening Schedule
The Coventry Parks and Recreation Commission realizes that parks are important because safe recreation is crucial to maintaining good mental health at this time. We are taking appropriate action to help maintain and protect the health of our staff and our residents as this public health emergency continues.
Coventry Parks and Recreation (CRPR) staff have been closely following Governor Lamont’s COVID-19 plan regarding re-openings as the coronavirus continues to affect our local community. We are continuing to monitor and enforce the gathering sizes, physical distancing measures, and use of masks/face coverings required as determined by the State. Click here for more on social distancing in Town Parks.
As of now, swimming lessons have been postponed until further notice. We will revisit the situation later in July to determine if we can run some programs on a shortened schedule at that time.
The following is a detailed Beach Operations Schedule, in two Phases, beginning Saturday, May 23rd*. *Be Advised: All dates are considered "target dates" and remain subject to change.
Phase 1: "Pre-Season" Re-Opening:
Weekends ONLY: Sat., May 23rd – Sun., June 14th; Patriots Park: 9am – 7pm / Lisicke Beach: 10am – 7pm
- Parking will be limited to 50% of capacity in order to enforce social distancing requirements. Overflow parking not allowed.
- Patrons must wear a mask at all times in the parks & maintain 6-ft apart social distancing.
- Passive recreation activities only.
- No Swimming: No lifeguards will be on duty until the State Health Department provides additional information.
- Gate Attendants will provide written guidance to social distancing to all patrons upon arrival.
- Restrooms will remain closed until further notice. Port-a-johns & Hand Sanitizer dispensers are available. The cleaning schedule is posted.
- Playgrounds, sports courts & park structures remain closed to the public.
- We expect full community cooperation and failure to abide by the rules set forth may result in early Park closings.
Lisicke Beach: Resident parking sticker required. Residents who need to purchase an annual Park Parking Pass can do so on-line HERE. A printed receipt is exchanged for a resident parking sticker at Patriots Park gate during open hours or the Town Hall Parks & Recreation Office once re-opened to the public. They will not be available at Lisicke Beach due to traffic safety concerns.
Patriots Park: Paid parking will be required for non-residents or those without a valid Resident Parking Pass at a discounted rate, May 23rd – June 14th: $10 per vehicle. Patrons should try to bring exact change.
Phase 2: Beach Opening:
7 Days A Week Beginning Sat., June 20th – Mon, Sept. 7th; Patriots Park: M-F: 12pm – 7pm; Sat. – Sun: 9am – 7pm / Lisicke Beach: 10am – 7pm
- Details coming soon, pending guidelines expected from the State of CT.