Land Use Operations and Services During COVID-19 Outbreak
Land Use Department Operations
- Zoning Permit and Land Use Board Application submittal assistance is available via phone or video conferencing with Eric Trott (email@example.com), Director of Planning & Development, and Alexa Gorlick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Planner & Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- The Land Use Permit Technician, Heidi Leech, is available for general permitting and Land Use questions at email@example.com.
- Zoning Permits and payments should be submitted by visiting the Online Permitting System
- The Land Use/Building Department is open to the public for file research, permitting, and staff assistance on:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday Noon - 6:30pm (closed 8:30am - noon for administrative office hours, phone calls will go to voicemail during this time and will be returned after this time period as promptly as possible)Friday 8:30am - 1:30pm
- Permitting: Apply online (click here)! All permitting is applied for using the newly enhanced online permitting system for permit submissions. See Apply for a Permit in the left side bar for more details. You can also use this link to search what permits may have been pulled for a property since 2011.
Other Online Permitting (Land Use & EHHD):
Applying to the Land Use Department for Zoning, Wetland, or Planning approvals (click on the following link and Select Zoning)...
Applying to the Eastern Highland Health District for permitting that is associated to a submittal to the Building or Land Use departments (click on the following link)...
- Continued development of the Land Use Department’s ‘Virtual Counter Service’ will occur with improvement to and expansion of information on the the Department page on the Town website.
- General Land Use inquiries via phone, email and mail will continue to be responded to in a timely manner.
- Public access and involvement with Land Use Board public meetings will be facilitated by utilizing the Zoom video conferencing platform. Guidance and direction will be forthcoming on the Town website on how to participate.
- Ongoing office projects will continue to be facilitated, such as the following: Regional Economic Development Vitality Action Plan, Plan of Conservation and Development update, Caprilands Request for Proposals and adaptive re-use, Coventry Affordable Housing Plan Grant preparation to the State of CT Department of Housing, small business support services, Senior Housing Alternatives Study Committee, Nathan Hale Greenway next steps, streamlining and functional improvements to the Zoning Regulations, open space recreational trail mapping development.
- Questions from the public and community at large are always welcome. Ideas on how we can continue to respond to the community’s needs during this difficult time are encouraged as well. The Land Use Office can be reached at 860-742-4062.