Coventry Youth Basketball League
The Coventry Youth Basketball program is open for boys and girls in grades K - 8 who live in Coventry. The purpose of the program is to
1. Foster physical, social, mental and emotional growth and development for Coventry youth through the sport of basketball at all levels of play.
2. Promote the development of coaching and player skills to enhance the overall basketball experience
3. Make it FUN and instill a lifelong passion for basketball.
4. Provide equal playing opportunity in the Rec League for every youth whom wishes to play
5. Provide the opportunity for advanced development of both individual and team play in a higher level program through the travel league
Coventry Youth Basketball offers instructional programming for Grades K - 2, a Recreation League for Grades 3 - 8 and a Travel League for Grades 5 - 8. The Recreation League (Lakes League) is made up of surrounding towns including Ashford, Bolton, Hebron, Mansfield, Willington. Rec League teams practice once/week and have one game/week typically on Saturdays. The Travel League (North Central Connecticut Travel Basketball League) is made up of many towns around Connecticut. Travel teams practice twice/week and play two games/week on Saturdays and Sundays.
Registration for the 2023/2024 Season will open on Tuesday September 5th.
2023/2024 Evaluations - all participants should plan to attend evaluations in efforts to create balanced teams. Players MUST attend evaluations to be considered for a Travel Team. See dates below with a more detailed schedule to come at registration opening.
Grades 5 - 8 - September 30th 3 - 8pm (Girls) & October 1st 3 - 8pm (Boys)
Grades 3 & 4 - Saturday October 14th 4 - 7pm